Pulled Pork Cuban Casserole


Easy to make Pulled Pork Cuban inspired dish. I always make too much pulled pork and have to find way to make it fun for the family to enjoy has leftovers. This dish was a big hit. My wife and my 9 and 6 year old kids loved it and asked for it the next night too. 

Your going to need:

3lbs Cooked Pulled Pork
1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
1 Cup Cheese (I used Swiss) 
Sliced Pickles
4oz Cream Cheese
a few squirts of mustard (I used Guldens Stone Ground Dijon)
6 oz Ham or some other leftover meat. (I used turkey) 

Preheat the oven to 400

Take the cut up pulled pork and pop it on a hot cast iron pan or a stone casserole dish like I used in the photo above. Add cream cheese, mustard, and heavy cream. 

Once its all melted and mixed in with each other add half the pickles. I love pickles so I added about 3 ounces at this point. Let the simmer until its nice and thick. 

Top it all off with Sliced Ham, bacon or your choice of leftover meats, add remaining pickles and pop into the oven at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Once the cheese is golden brown and bubbly its time to pull it out and serve. 

Note: I used a stone dish for mine so I popped in the oven for 15 minutes and then put it on a stove top burner as I made the dish. Then put it back into the oven to finish. I would do the same with a cast iron pan too, but be careful everything will cook faster and the pan will be hot. 

Thanks for checking this out and let me know if you liked it or not. Love to see what you do with the recipe to make it your own. Please share. 


Comments