Blackstone Griddle Review


barbecue griddle
Blackstone 36 inch Griddle
As the Buffalo Boys BBQ company grows we are adding new food products every month. This year we are adding our line of hand crafted burgers, but we didn't have the proper equipment to make it happen. After talking to our barbecue friends we decide to get a Blackstone Griddle. We ordered a Blackstone 36 inch Griddle on Amazon (because we have prime and don't pay shipping) and once it arrived I was not so sure I made the right choice. 

Gas Griddle
20 Minutes to build
The box weight 128 pounds due to the griddle. My son and I opened it up and started to put it together. My first concern was the lite weight metal and how long would it stand up to be moving around daily. With the help of a screwdriver, an adjustable wrench and 20 minutes of time I was able to put the whole thing together. My son and I pushed it around and could already tell we are going to need to add some more support for what we need it for. I think it would be perfect as is for a home user that was keeping it on the deck or patio. I do know several other barbecue company owners that use this grill and they had similar issues. Not a big deal.

Griddle Food
Steak & Artichokes 
Now that we had it all built we needed to fire it up to do a test run before we used in for the large crowds. I grabbed my bucket of pork fat and drop a large amount on the griddle to start the seasoning process. After moving the fat around I put 3 pounds of bacon on top to finish it off and plus I was hungry and needed some bacon for the burgers I was making for diner later. The bacon cook up nicely. I did notice there is a lot of heat the comes for the sides and the bottom of the griddle. Nothing to overwhelming but just be aware not to put plastic bottles near the edges of the griddle. I'm considering buying the 36 inch surround table that Blackstone makes. I think it would be helpful for events. 

Once we had the griddle all seasoned it was time to really test it out. One of the coolest thing about this griddle is that it has a push start (you'll need one AA Battery). It fired up every time I started it. In the following days I cooked up burgers, eggs, bacon, pancakes and vegetables. Like any cooking surface there are cold and warm spots. Other then that this griddle rocks. Everything cooked up perfectly. It was convent, fast and fun to cook on. I seared a few steaks one night to make the perfect birthday diner for my wife. They came out amazing. I like cooking outdoors and this new toy is awesome for that. 

Griddle Bacon
Bacon on the Griddle
The Blackstone Griddle is a nice addition to any home, business or catering company. You can cook almost everything on it. The flame is contained and you don't have to worry about an open flame or adding charcoal during the cooking process. I highly recommend getting this griddle. Like I stated above as for commercial use I would request to have a welder add another support bar or two if you plan on moving it around often, but other then that this griddle is perfect for cooking burgers, steaks, vegetables and much more. If your thinking about getting one click the Amazon link below and read some of the 200+ positive reviews.

Thanks for stopping buy our blog. 

Comments