Weber Just Add Lemon Garlic and Herb Marinade Review



For years I have been using Weber products. I own three barbecues and almost every tool they make. You could say I'm hooked on Weber. Normally when I barbecue or smoke my meats I used a custom blend or a rub from a friend. Not a big fan of wet marinades but when I found these Weber mix's that you just add juice too, I needed to try it. 

I brought home two Just Add Lemon Garlic and Herb Marinades mixes for a 6lb whole chicken. Everything was mixed and added to the chicken in a zip lock bag to rest for 4 hours in the refrigerator. Got my Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker all ready with water, coals chunks and Apple Wood Chunks. Popped the now marinaded whole chicken on my beer can chicken tray and dropped it into the smoker at 250 degrees. I added Apple wood chunks every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours. After 4.5 hours in the smoker my chicken temp was perfect and it was removed. The now done chicken was at rest for 10 minutes before we cut it up and ate it. 

After several of my friends and I ate the whole chicken we came to the conclusion it was a very good marinade. I think the combo of the Garlic and Herb went very well with the Apple Wood smoke. I had some marinade left over and we tasted it on it's own and the flavor was very good and little tart but good. Can't say it's the best marinade I every put in my mouth, but it very good. I like the fact all you have to do is add Juice to this line of marinades. Most of us have lemon or line at our homes at all times. These little packs are ready to go with a little juice. I bet you could even add a beer instead and get a whole new flavor. 

I suggest trying these for yourself. They are perfect for traveling, camping, at home or for stocking sufferer's. I do believe most stores are carrying these now. Now Go Out and Fire Up the Smoker and Smoke Something Good!




Comments