Shiners Bar & Grill Review




Los banos, CA Business


Last month I was down in Los Banos California to hang out with some good friends. We all met up at the Shiners Bar and Grill for lunch and later for dinner. It was the second show the owners Tex and Bird of the Moonshine Bandits were going to perform, so we made a full weekend of it.

From the outside it looks like an old western tavern with brick walls, large wood doors and placed in an older part of the town. We showed up little early as they were cleaning up from the party the night before. Shiners opens to a large bar with one of the best bar tops I have ever seen. The inside matches the outside. It has a backyard barbecue bar kind of look. Old car doors, cowboy hats and a flying pig hang on the walls.

Shiners Bar and Grill Food
As we settled down we grabbed a few beers and took our seats next to the kitchen. At first glance the menu looks like a typical bar menu but after reading a few of the burger descriptions you find yourself wondering why I haven’t been here sooner.  I decided on eating the Stuffed Candied Bacon Burger with the house Portuguese Beans. It came to the table with the quickness. It was a massive burger that tasted like heaven. The bacon was perfect. I have made several attempts to make the Portuguese Beans they serve and have yet to make it like there’s. It’s like a mix between Boston backed beans and chili.

After talking to the 12 folks we were enjoying our lunch with we all came to same conclusion that Shiners Bar and Grill has got to one of the best bars we have eaten at. Most bar put their food second to the booze because not has much profit is made on the food side. Bird and Tex did not do that. They hired a killer kitchen crew that love what they do. I only wish I lived closer to be part of that staff.

Shiners Nation Bird and TexLater that day I came back for Dinner. I went with the Shiner Burger this time around. It’s the house burger and it was as good as the Stuffed Bacon Burger. I enjoyed several of the house drinks and the over all experience was wonderful. The bartenders, the security, and the kitchen staff were all good folks to talk too. Everyone was helpful and the customer service was fast from the food to the drinks. The prices are just right. Many nights they have food and drink special that work with any budget.  

Next time you’re going down I5 and you need a place to eat pull off, put your feet up and order a Candied Bacon Burger. Los Banos is bout 3 hours from my house but it’s on the way to LA. So I will be stopping by for the big shows and for my lunch stop on the way to the city of Angles. Thanks Shiner Nation for the good times and Thanks Tex and Bird for opening a place that has good food and good drinks. Shine On!

 Stop on by: 650 I Street, Los Banos, CA 
Checkout the Moonshine Bandits Videos on Shiner TV

Comments