Nevada County Fair FFA Auction for Rikki the Lamb

Nevada County Fair Grass Valley California

My name is Willow Yeager and I am a part of Nevada Union’s FFA program. I would like to invite you to the Nevada County Fair, August 8th-12th. Come enjoy music, friends, food, animals and amusement rides. If you would like to come and meet me I will be showing my market lamb named Rikki all day Wednesday, August 8th starting at 8:00 am. I will also be auctioning her off on Sunday, August 12th starting at 8:30 am.

Rikki may not be the largest market lamb but she has less bone mass than an average sheep, supplying the maximum amount of meat to waste ratio. I’ve been feeding her 4lbs. of grain a day with alfalfa hay. Rikki will be about 10 months old at the time of fair.

This will be my first time showing a lamb at fair. I’ve learned a lot about responsibility and hard work through FFA. I have learned about breeding, selling, vaccination and showing. With all of this I have also gained the knowledge of how to feed and exercise my animal properly to gain the correct body mass. I plan to continue this program to further my knowledge in Agriculture.

This coming school year I will be participating in 5 FFA teams: Forestry, Natural Resources, Parli-Pro, Opening and Closing and Livestock Judging. I am also junior varsity cheer captain and coaching junior miner midgets cheer. I am very dedicated and determined to achieve all this while maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher.

Rikki and I hope to see you at fair,

 Willow Yeager

My Email: willowyeager@ymail.com
Fair Grounds Main Office: (530)273-6217

Comments