Nugget Rib Cook Out 2011




It’s that time of the year folks. The Nugget Rib Cook off is on the way. Started yesterday in Sparks Nevada and will run to September 5th. 500,000 people attend this event every year. I have been going for the past 3 years and enjoy it every time. There are 25 of the best rib cooker competing to be the Grand Champion and everything that comes with it. Every team has been in the biz for a long time and have put thousands of miles on their rigs traveling the country do what they do.

Last year Bone Daddy BBQ took on first and the Cali Boys Kinder’s took second with Rasta Joe’s BBQ Inc pulling up fourth. Bone Daddy also go Peoples Choice which is not surprise, they always have a long line. Kinder’s sauce is popping up in every store I walk into now. They are getting bigger and bigger every year. Rasta Joe has one of the best set up at this event. It makes me laugh every time I see it.  

The Nugget puts on a good show. The street is packed with rib lovers from all over. You’ll see someone from every walk of life. This year I’ll be in full force with my Shiner Squad ready to throw down a ton of ribs and maybe a beer or two on Sunday. Maybe next year the Nugget will let me enter my Big Tex Rebel Ribs into the mix… Ha Ha…

Get more info about this event at the Nuggets Official Site and get your Shiner Gear and jump on the Nor Cal BBQ Shiner Squad. Get Some ShinerGear Now!

Comments