Meatloaf on the Grill



A grill is just like an oven, hell we’ve been cooking on fire longer then in stoves. I didn’t make my own recipe for the meat loaf. I just headed over to the Holiday Market in Penn Valley and found an already made loaf in a tin baking pan and it was love at first bite. I went home popped open a beer and started the coals. Once the coals got to temp I racked them to one side to cook indirectly to start off with. I added a few hunks of soaking mesquite blocks to enhance the smoky flavor. I would guess the temp was around 325 degrees. I cooked the loaf at this temp with the lid on for about an hour. I cut up some left over veggies and moved the loaf over the heat and place the veggies in its place on the cooler side of the grill. Closed the lid and cooked for another 15 minutes. Took them off the grill and you got dinner. Save a few slices of meatloaf for a nice sandwich the next day. Two meals with one night of grill’n.

Comments

Chilebrown said…
I could not get your video to work. I think meatloaf on the grill is wonderful. I always add bacon on top and in the loaf.
Thanks for the suggestion. Everything is better with bacon. The photo on top is just a photo and not a video. Thanks Chilebrown.