Kingsford Charcoal crowns QUAU Grand Champion

Kingsford Charcoal teamed up with the Kansas City Barbecue Society for a BBQ Point Race competition. It’s similar to the NASCAR point system. Barbecue teams that competed in selected cook off’s earning points depending on their scores. From April 16th to October 2, 2010 points were awarded to barbecue teams based on how their pork, ribs, chicken and brisket fared with the judges.

Team QUAU won $25,000 at the 31st Annual American Royal Barbecue Competition. They earned 653 total points to win. They hail from Brimfield, Ill., and are a family ran team. They have the wife and kids all involved. It adds a little more love to the meat. QUAU has been competing for 10 years changing their style and flavor every year to find what works. The point where generate in 17 KCBS sanctioned events during the competition.

The team said “Kingsford, our go-to charcoal, gives us the solid, steady burn needed for overnight cooks. Plus, when I’m not competing, it allows me to bring the smoky flavors from the competition to my own backyard.” Spoken like a true pro.

Look for Team QUAU at the next KCBS event you attend and give them a big Nor Cal High Five. I have linked to their website I found on google. If this is not their current site please let me know so I can change it. Thanks for reading.



Comments