I found a cool Texas style caviar idea. It's from www.texmex.net
I made it for a party last night and it went over well with all my guest. Enjoy
- 2 cups black-eyed peas (fresh cooked or canned)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 small can of chopped green chilies
- Dash of cayenne pepper or Try Amore Hot Pepper Paste- Set of 2, blackhot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
Drain peas, rinse with cold water and drain again.
pepper, and mix well. Pour over peas and stir gently.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
At serving time, add chopped tomatoes and cilantro, and mix carefully.
The photo is from our friend over at The Hungry Housewife Blog