Johnny Garlic's Roseville California Review

Let me start off with… sorry for being gone for so long. I had a busy month and was unable to blog or keep up with the fun world of food. But I’m back…


Well last week I meet up with my uncle Tim, owner of Tim’s Pool Service in Sacramento and we decided to eat at Mr. Guy Fieri’s Johnny Garlic’s in Roseville California. I have never been in any of Guy’s restaurants before and was looking forward to getting down and dirty with the Food Network Superstar.
As my wife and I walked in to Johnny’s we were greeted by two wonderful young ladies that wanted to help us out. You see I made a reservation for 4 and needed to add 2 more to the list. Even with the restaurant full and two large groups being booked at the same time they told me no problem. I was an hour early and decided to go to the bar.


The bar was set up different then other places. The bar top was lower and made for easier access to my bartender and easier on my back. I’m five foot 9 and the counter top was perfect. I have been every other place and the counter top seems to push up on our arms, instead of allowing you to rest on it. Johnny’s is much different. First off the bar top was lower. The bartender was off the hook. I asked as many questions as I could and he was more then happy to keep up with me. He told me about how they were trained in every way to make a drink. So, I hade to take him on.
Make me a Jack & Coke Now Kind Sir, I said.


Now you might see that as a simple drink but you would be wrong. I like way more Jack then Coke and Mr. Brian asked me one simply question that no other bartender ever asked me… So Red is JD your idea of a good time? I said hell yes sir. Next thing I know I got a Jack and Coke that rocked my socks off and my wife got to enjoy her favorite beer, Fat Tire. The bounus was it was on tap. Not to many places have the Fat Tire on the tap any more. So far so good, for our first time in Johnny Garlic’s.



Besides the drink the bartender was very friendly and was easy to deal with. Plus I was able to watch the kitchen cook. Being a pizza maker myself it was fun to see someone else make a pizza and cook it in a wood slate oven. Very different.



After we downed a few drinks my wife and I got seated. Our dinner partners showed up shortly and we all order a few different meals. To start off we were going with the “Famous Garlic Potato Chips” and “Killer Garlic Fries”, but our nice waitress from Colfax told us in stead of the “Famous Garlic Potato Chips” we should go with the “Deep Fried Artichoke Hearts” instead. They come with the potato chip plus some wonderful artichoke hearts. I got to say a good suggestion. I fell in loved instantly.



Johnny’s Garlic’s in Roseville was a good time. The drinks and food was spot on. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and had a fun story to tell. It being a Guy Fieri restaurant and me not knowing what he is all about besides his Food Network Shows, I was expecting it to be a normal food chain with a gift shop to put more money in his pocket and I was so wrong. It was on of the best eating experiences I have ever had at a restaurant. It’s no dinner drive- in or dive but I highly recommend you go eat at one today.

Comments