Naggiar Vineyard & Winery Tour


 Last Monday my culinary class got  a chance to visit Naggiar Vineyard in Nevada County. For my class it was a little bit of a drive, but for me it was right down the road. It was a wonderful experience. They  gave us a tour loaded with useful information. Its harvest time so we saw the complete process of wine making. I'm not a big wine person but it made me want to learn. Did you know they pick the grapes at 2am? Ya, its makes for a happy grape. 

Our host was Toni. He runs the sales, marketing and tasting room. The first thing out of his mouth was "We're not professional wine makers". I'm standing on 65 acres of grapes with a new tasting room, a large pond and theres a crew of people processing grapes. So I wondered, how these guys are pulling this off. Can I buy some land and open my line of Red's Red Table Wine? 

Come to find out that Mike Naggiar had a hobby of wine making while living in the Bay Area. He retired and wanted to open a winery with good quality wine at a good price. After searching Northern California they ended in Grass Valley. The price of land was right and the perfect conditions to grow happy grapes. They had a plan and built a vineyard in 1998. Now over 10 years later they have won dozens of awards at local and national events. Their wines are served at top restranuts. There wine clubs gains more and more members everyday. 

Now the biggest winery in Nevada County they are starting to see more of a demand for their line of wines that taste amazing. We had a private tasting and got to enjoy each and every wine available. This was my second time tasting in the new tasting room, which my brother- in-law built. It sits on a grassy hill next to a massive fish stocked pond. You can watch over the winery and enjoy a bottle of wine while the sun goes down after work. 

Naggiar Vineyard is out of the way but not too far. Its next to a Buffalo farmer and a Horse Breeder. No traffic, no planes flying over head and no large crowds. Just you, good wine, and good conversation. You'll be happy you took the drive.

Naggiar Vineyard
18125 Rosemary Lane, Grass Valley, CA 95949
530-268-9059


Comments